• Announcements

• NeO_Anderson

Would you like to become a Developer here?

Would you like to become a 'Developer' here? Developers will gain full admin powers on the forum and have the ability to promote users to 'Staff' and 'Experienced Members' ranks. They will also have a section on the forum dedicated to their mod just like the Police Pursuit and Paramedic Mods have now.   Or perhaps you would like to help the existing mods by enforcing forum rules and slapping people about when they've done wrong?     If you already have mods that you've made and would like to submit as part of your 'CV' then feel free to contact me directly.   For more information read here:   http://mods.team-neo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54
starb

Fuel mod I discovered today

7 posts in this topic

I came across this old mod today (no, its not my mod) but was curious if it still worked on the newest of patches and all and was excited to see it does with no work on my part!

http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5538

It worked right off the bat for me so I believe all the confusing comments about it not working on the site is just from people not understanding using scriptdotnet and placing the mod itself in the script folder.

Anyway, the mod adds a fuel gauge to any car, even ELS, and you have to manage it. I started my patrol and went and topped my tank off at the nearest gas station (mod has separate gas and diesel pumps depending on what your driving) and went on patrol as the gauge slowly dropped along the course of my driving. Another small touch of realism to your police mod use :)

If anyone decides to give it a try and has a problem, Ill try to help. One thing to remember is to activate the mod (cntrl+o) and to make sure you crank your car after getting in it and later turn it off before pumping gas (cntrl+r).

Since the mod is long since abandoned I wonder if you could get permission to incorporate into the PPM? It adds a layer of realism to the mod in my opinion. In my role playing nature I walked out of my apartment, got in my patrol car, and saw it only had half a tank so went and got gas before I started my shift :)

I think this would be a great addition to PPM. I can see this work, doing chases and not looking on your gas meter, and halfway the highway you're without petrol ;)

I think this would be a great addition to PPM. I can see this work, doing chases and not looking on your gas meter, and halfway the highway you're without petrol ;)

This exactly happened last night to me. The car stalled, the engine light came on, and the hazard lights started flashing. I was screwed as the criminal sped off into the distance.

Hahaha, yeah, because it actually does happen ]over there in real-life, too, though probably not during a highway chase, but the random mid-town drive around :D

I confirmed for everyone version 3.1.2 works just as fine with EFLC.

By the way, I figured out it doesn't matter where your car is parked, whether inside the circle or not, as it must be your character that is standing inside the circle and pressing R to refuel. Your car could actually be parked in the street and still fill up.

Knowing this, I went into the fuelpumps file and deleted all the extra pumps from each station leaving just 1 diesel and one petrol per station. This way it is less of an eye sore by seeing 4 red and 2 yellow circles flooding the stations. Now there is just 1 of each. You can park at any pump then just walk to the circle and press R.

I also tried dropping the circles down into the ground to make them less of an eye sore but they no longer work so don't bother but at least it isnt as 'gawky' when driving by now with so many circles all over the ground.

Also, are there any 'official vehicles only' style pumps on the map anywhere? if so, I could add a pump/station there and mark it as zero cost for police cruisers.

Heheh, that's pretty cool. So I can be all the way across town and still be able to refill? (though it would be silly to be that far away from the car, I guess)