• Announcements

• NeO_Anderson

Would you like to become a Developer here?

Would you like to become a 'Developer' here? Developers will gain full admin powers on the forum and have the ability to promote users to 'Staff' and 'Experienced Members' ranks. They will also have a section on the forum dedicated to their mod just like the Police Pursuit and Paramedic Mods have now.   Or perhaps you would like to help the existing mods by enforcing forum rules and slapping people about when they've done wrong?     If you already have mods that you've made and would like to submit as part of your 'CV' then feel free to contact me directly.   For more information read here:   http://mods.team-neo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54
JVCode

New Police Vehicles

10 posts in this topic

I think this mod should come bundled with some new squad-cars. I've been unable to install any of the other mods and skins for the squad cars out there, and I think it would be a great idea to have it all bundled into one great package.

Earlier on, i was thinking the exact same thing, but then i realized that would probably take up too much time and effort for something that's just as easy and convenient to do yourself. As for the skins issue, is it a matter of not finding any decent ones or actually not being able to get them to run? Let me know, i can probably help you out with that.

No they will not be bundled in one package, simply because not everyone has a high end computer. And I think most people can run GTA IV but when they install mods the game starts to react odd or they only get to see taxi's. Besides that, that would ''force'' people to have skins. And some people like the original game (Like me, only got 1 skin).

Also, with a wide variety of cars out there, most people have their own personal choices for which cars they want. Forcing users like myself to have to change the cars back is an inconvenience.

I agree that adding police cars to the mod would restrict peoples personal choices on whether to have modded cars or not, and what cars they have. Perhaps there could be a section of the site where police vehicle mods are available to download, and if people want to download them they can?

I don't think that team neo develop vehicle mods, or even if they would but perhaps they could liase with the developers who create police vehicle mods and feature them on the site somewhere? Else failing that, perhaps just links to some sites that offer police car mods?

I don't think that team neo develop vehicle mods, or even if they would but perhaps they could liase with the developers who create police vehicle mods and feature them on the site somewhere? Else failing that, perhaps just links to some sites that offer police car mods?

That would be easy enough, Im sure a few people in here, myself included, have some good sites.

I agree that adding police cars to the mod would restrict peoples personal choices on whether to have modded cars or not, and what cars they have. Perhaps there could be a section of the site where police vehicle mods are available to download, and if people want to download them they can?

I think the authors of the skins wouldn't appreciate if Team NeO just uploaded them on the site. Besides, if you visit google and search for GTA IV Vehicle skins you would find alot of sites offering mods/skins.

I know that some of them wouldn't like them uploaded on the site without their say-so, which is why i said in my other post that perhaps team neo could liase with some police vehicle mod developers to allow them to be featured. But yeh it's easy enough to find police car mods, there are load of sites out there.

If I included any vehicle skin mods, the download size of the police mod would jump from the current 5mb to approximately 100mb. This is a very big jump, too much of a jump for me to consider doing this =\