We welcome all feedback especially bug-reports, so if you've found a what you think is a bug, please report it and we'll confirm whether or not it's a bug or not.
You will not be charged for anything on here including the use of our forum, however I do expect you to in return abide by the rules and guidelines outlined in our forums of use and in our forum guidelines section here: http://mods.team-neo.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules
Since the forum is very new, we don't have a large team of Staff to help maintain the forum but that will eventually change. Anyone can become a 'Staff' (Moderator/Admin) member simply by demonstraiting that you can be trusted and have a reasonable amount of knowledge when it comes to our mod's ins and outs.
Here are the forum groups/ranks:
- 1) Members - This is a default catagory that all registered users will be assigned to.
2) Experienced Members - Members of this group have been noticed by a Developer giving out detailed, precise and above all, accurate information or support to users on a regular basis. This group does not have 'Admin' or 'Moderator' powers on the forum however, should be trusted by the information provided from an 'Experienced Member'. 'Experienced Members' have a exceptions to forum limits.
3) Staff - This is our Official "Admin" or "Moderator" group. These users have previously been 'Experienced Members' who have shown that they have what it takes to move onto the next stage. Staff have forum admin powers and are primarly here to provide official support aswell as moderate the forum.
4) Developer - Including the above, this person also aids in developing one of the 'Official Mods' or has seeked approval of his or her own mod that has become an 'Official Mod' for Team-NeO's community. These members are highly trusted and have full admin powers on the forum along with the ability to offer 'Staff' and 'Experienced Member' positions to those they feel deserve it.
5) Lead Developer - Including all of the above, this user provides development and support for multiple Official Mods.
- * 'Official Mods' are mods that have been either developed by a member of Team-NeO or a mod that has been developed and submitted to a Lead Developer who deemed the mod worthy of 'Official' status. If you believe your mod is worthy of such status, submit a prototype/beta version of your mod to a 'Lead Developer' whom will test the mod out and contact you. Unfortunately, not all mods will be made Official. You may be asked to provide the source code if the Lead Developer likes it enough. This is purely to ensure that there are no hidden or immoral secrets contained within the mod.
- [Question]: Can I be a 'Staff' member?
[Answer]: In addition to the information above. Staff members are effectively moderators and as such, it's done on an invite only basis. You can earn this rank by helping around on the forum e.t.c.
[Question]: Can I join the development team?
[Answer]: Yes to a degree. We welcome all developers to this forum. If you - yourself have knowledge of developing mods or perhaps you already have developed mods then you could easily join us. Developers will automatically gain full admin rights on our forum but we would need to know and trust you. This means you would need to have been with us for awhile. Developers can develop mods on behalf of Team-NeO this means you can use the Official Team-NeO name in your mod, you will also get a section on the forum dedicated to your mod just like the Paramedic Mod and Police Pursuit Mod have now. Developers (like me) will over see the running of this forum and their maintain their mods.
[Question]: Is it against the rules for me to post my mod on your forum?
[Answer]: Providing this is done in the appropriate section of the forum, this is perfectly fine. This will also help developers to determine how 'good' you are are coding and perhaps even help you to become an Official Developer for team-neo.
[Question]: If I'm a developer for Team-NeO will I have the sourcecode to all Team-NeO mods?
[Answer]: No. Some developers may not wish to disclose their sourcecode to anyone else, for fear of it being leaked to the public. For this reason, we will not expect any Developer to disclose their sourcecode to anyone else unless they want to. This being said, any sourcecode disclosed to another developer is expected to keep it in a safe place and not leak it. Any Developer caught leaking this will be removed. With or without the sourcecode, you can still help other developers with code-related questions or ways of fixing bugs that exist in their mods.
[Question]: Who decides when and if someone is made an Official Developer?
[Answer]: The Lead Developer (Me). I am the person that will give out the 'Official Developer' status. 'Developers' can recruite new members of staff and promote peoplpe to 'Experienced Member' status along with many other benefits.
[Last revised: 20:54 10/06/2010]